Terms and conditions of your move!
1. By accessing/navigating/examining our website or otherwise “using” this website, substitutes your acceptance to our terms and conditions set forth. These are the terms and conditions of Atlanta Furniture Taxi set forth as an agreement/online agreement between the Carrier (APMC Moving & Delivery, LLC and The Furniture Taxi) and the Client (you).
2. Paying for your move…
a) Payment for the minimum job order is due when the movers arrive on move day. Should the move exceed the minimum, any remaining balance will be due 1-2 hours prior to completion of your move, or prior to unloading your contents at the destination. We do not provide payment plans or finance moves! By hiring our services, you are letting us know that you have the finances necessary to cover the costs of your move. Unfortunately, a small percentage of customers hire moving companies without the means to pay or intention to pay for services rendered. For those few whom this is directed at, that from the start never intended to ever pay, please be aware that in Georgia this is will be prosecuted under the theft of services laws/statutes and will subject the offender to criminal, as well as civil penalties.
b) Types of payments accepted – We accept Discover, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Cash, Certified Checks and Money Orders! (Sorry no Personal or corporate Checks) Credit cards must match the driver’s license number of the person paying. If the person paying is a third party, we require a credit card authorization form to be signed ahead of completion! We cannot accept a credit card from a person whom is not present unless authorized in writing prior to move.
c) Credit card convenience fee-We charge a 3% credit card convenience fee for ALL credit & debit card payments.
d) Financing: The Furniture Taxi provides financing as a courtesy to our clients, via Pay Pal Credit. Pay Pal Credit is a third party. Even if client is denied for financing the bill is still due immediately after or prior to the move completion.
e) Billing errors: If a billing error is found when accounting audits the file (post move), customer agrees to remit remaining balance owed. This can happen after VERY long moves and even after a short move…we are all human and mistakes can and do happen every now and then. A billing error does not absolve a customer of his/her responsibility to pay the difference!
f) Private Storage unit moves or SIT To Our Warehouse: The Furniture Taxi WILL only accept cashiers checks or cash for moves into private storage units! Please plan accordingly. We cannot accept credit cards or personal checks for moves into private storage units! Because of the industry the percentage of non-pays on these types of moves has made this the only guaranteed way to proceed for payment!
g) Public Holiday Rates: Public Holidays. eg New Years Eve, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Christmas etc will have an additional hourly charge tacked onto the base rate as follows.
2 Men = ($20/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 2 men is $109 it will then be $129/hr on public holidays
3 Men =( $30/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 3 men is $139 it will then be $169/hr on public holidays
4 Men =( $40/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 4 men is $179 it will then be $209/hr on public holidays
3. Cancellations – You MUST notify us by email 48 hours (2 Full Days) before the date of your move in order to have 100% of your reservation fee refunded to you! After the 48 hour (2 Full Days) period before your move, 100% of the reservation fee is non-refundable. We work in good faith to provide service to our customers and do understand that circumstances do change. We do not charge date change fees. Should your intended move date change, please do let us know ASAP, so that we can try to accommodate you & so that we can fill the void in our schedule and mitigate the potential losses this can cause.
4. INTRA-STATE & Long Distance Moves- Origin to Destination exceeds over 50 Miles (From Point A-B) will incur additional charges and is billed by the pound vs. hourly rates like local moves.
5. We do not transport chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to propane, fertilizer, paint, thinners and gasoline. Anything flammable we cannot transport! In short if, it can blow up and/or is chemically corrosive—we can’t carry it on the trucks! Customer warrants that all propane tanks and dangerous chemicals will not be given to movers to move whether boxed or unboxed. Customer also agrees that if an item is found to be flammable, that it will be left at origin and will be the responsibility of the client to transport to destination. Gasoline in lawnmowers or any other equipment can also not be put on trucks unless the equipment has been drained completely.
6. Wall damage: Shipper understands that over sized furniture does not easily fit through small hallways, stairwells, doorways and access ways especially furniture that was not designed for apartments. Carrier will advise customers of this possibility before trying to fit over sized items in or out of premises. But we can not be held responsible for unusual moving circumstances.
7. Changes: can be made/added to this agreement at any time.
8. Local Residential Moving Valuation: Click here to learn more. Basic moving valuation of $300 depreciated value valuation is included in every move free of charge, with all orders. Additional valuation is available, for an additional fee. The basic valuation, means that the maximum payout on ALL items claimed is $300 and is based on the depreciated value of each item and is determined coverage based on $0.60 per pound per article. CUSTOMER MUST NOT THROW AWAY OR REPAIR ANY ITEM PRIOR TO INSPECTION BY US (either by our request for a picture or by a professional repair technician). In order for any item to be discarded or repaired by the client, the client must either:
a) Have the written consent from The Furniture Taxi to do so OR
b) Have received payment for the item from The Furniture Taxi on move day as a customer adjustment.
9. Appliances and other electronic devices: The Furniture Taxi will not be held liable for any internal components of an appliance and/or electronic device. When moving appliances & electronics it can be necessary to tilt or turn these in a position that is other than upright. Doing this can cause loose components that are inside to go ahead and come loose. Also, vibrations in the truck can also cause components that may have already been loose to go ahead & come apart. Therefore, The Furniture Taxi, does not warranty the internal components of any appliance or electronic device unless external damage is visible that would support damage. The Georgia Tariff further supports this stating that mechanical conditions are not known and therefore that any mover within the state of Georgia would not be liable for mechanical damage unless there is external damage to support the internal damage.
10. Weather and Traffic issues other delays: The Furniture Taxi is not responsible for weather traffic, construction, elevator issues and other similar delays that are beyond our control.
11. Inspection of the truck at the conclusion of the move: Clients have the right and responsibility, to conduct a thorough inspection of the box and cab of our truck, to ensure none of their items have been inadvertently left on the truck -before it pulls off!
1. Pressed wood/particle board items will not be covered (i.e Ikea Style “Wood” Furniture) is an engineered wood product manufactured from wood chips, sawmill shavings, or even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or another suitable binder, which is pressed and extruded.
These items tend to come apart/break and are typically constructed from a per piece item originating from a box when moved due to it being so fragile, the slightest movement could destroy the piece due to the fact that it is made of wood chips and not proper wood. It will be the customer’s responsibility to disassemble and reassemble these items due to this inherent risk. The Furniture Taxi will NOT disassemble any pressed wood or particle board item for a client because damage MORE OFTEN THAN NOT DOES OCCUR and they do not reassemble the way they were prior to. This furniture is not designed to be moved assembled and the problem is that when it is disassembled it often does not “put back” the way it was prior. The wood material has drilled holes with “nails” or screws that tend to chip or crack even with the utmost care. In short, it is not real wood and was not designed to last or to be handed down to your children let alone grand children because it is not proper wood.
2. Transportation of breakables without proper or recommended containers: Unpacked items of a fragile or breakable nature including, but not limited to, the following: mattresses, a glass of any kind, lamps, lampshades-pictures, mirrors, marble, granite, stone, pottery, LCD or plasma TV’s and artwork of any kind. MUST be packed in a proper box. Damage claims for such, will not be honored, unless items are packed or crated in the recommended container by the Carrier. Shipper accepts responsibility for any item that is placed onto our trucks without the proper packaging. The Furniture Taxi will always recommend proper containers for such items.
3. Disconnection or re connection of washer, dryer, or any appliance: Disconnecting or Reconnecting Appliances can be charged additionally to the local hourly rates or Long Distance by the pound. Most of the time your appliances were delivered by Sears or an appliance Depot by skilled professionals whom delivered these items in parts and took the time to assemble properly. If you would like a referral from our trusted appliance experts please let your sales representative know. Water or plumbing damage may result to owner’s premises or adjacent premises if appliances are not properly connected. Our movers are not plumbers, nor do they have certification to properly handle appliances. Shipper agrees to accept responsibility for any and all damage to owned, rented and all adjacent un-owned or un-rented property real and personal property of others, should they insist that our company disconnect or hook up an appliance. The Furniture Taxi WILL NOT connect any gas appliance, under any circumstance! The carrier shall not be liable for any fire, water or any electrical or other related damage resulting from the disconnection or reconnection of any appliances. Shipper agrees to accept liability for any damage arising out of the disconnection or reconnection of appliances including but not limited to washers, dryers, refrigerators, icemakers or coffee makers even if Shipper requires, requests, permits or allows Carrier to perform such services.
4. Shipper’s property warranty: Shipper warrants all driveways, walkways, bricks, steps, pavers, tiles, decks and floors are of sufficient strength and structure to permit safe moving. Shipper agrees to empty out all unfinished attic areas, themselves. Our movers are NOT permitted in unfinished attics and will not be held responsible for any items left behind in these areas. Shipper has not tendered any hazardous materials or chemicals to Carrier.
5. Third party services: Certain items must be professionally serviced/boxed or crated prior to being moved. This includes, but is not limited to; washers, dryers, icemakers, pool tables, marble and granite top items, large sculptures, grandfather clocks, copiers, computers or any other machinery with internal moving parts. Shipper understands that should they decide not to invest the money in having items properly serviced that it will be up to The Furniture Taxi, whether they can move these items or not (grandfather clocks, pool tables, computers, etc.). Furthermore, if these items are accepted for transportation against The Furniture Taxi recommendations for the proper and safe transportation of these items, it is understood that The Furniture Taxi will in no way, be held liable for any damage that occurs to these items.
6. PBO (Packed By Owner) containers: Shipper acknowledges that Carrier is not responsible for damage to the contents of any container “packed by owner” (PBO) and not packed by the Carrier for this specific move unless external damage or other evidence of mishandling is noted at the time of delivery.
7. Unforeseen contingencies: Carrier is not responsible for any unforeseen contingencies including, but not limited to, traffic and weather.
8. Extra-Ordinary Valuable Contents: Carrier has limited liability for items of “extraordinary” value (greater than $100 per pound) including, but not limited to, the following: Laptops, ipads, iphones, coins, currency, jewelry, stocks, bonds, precious metals, legal documents, or items with personal value. Carrier recommends these items be transported by Shipper or put away and secured prior to our staff arrival. Carrier will have no responsibility whatsoever unless these items are specifically noted on the front of the bill of lading.
9. Reserving elevators, certificates of insurance etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to reserve elevators, loading docks or any other items that building management may require such as certificate(s) of insurance to move into the building. It is clients (i.e you) responsibility to request these items from The Furniture Taxi in a timely fashion. Any delays due to omissions by building management or client will not be The Furniture Taxi responsibility.
10. Customers assisting movers! Customers often get extra “helpers” or they themselves try to help moving furniture! When the customer insists on “helping” any damages will not be honored because it creates situation, whereby customer or their helpers may damage property, and/or furniture and placing blame for the damages, becomes he said she said, she or he did that then this happened…you get the picture…it becomes messy. Also, our worker’s comp ONLY cover’s The Furniture Taxi employees!
11. Please CLICK BLUE LINK BELOW to print and/or download the information pamphlet below so that you fully understand your rights and responsibilities. The Furniture Taxi as a licensed mover is governed by the Georgia Department of Public Safety!
12. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ ALL SECTIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT. FAILURE TO READ BEFORE SIGNING WILL NOT RELIEVE YOU OF ANY RESPONSIBILITIES OR RELIEVE THE FURNITURE TAXI FROM PROTECTION THAT IS AFFORDED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT!
13. SIT (STORAGE IN TRANSIT/WAREHOUSE SERVICES):
If for any reason The Furniture Taxi were to be required to hold your contents onto truck for Storage On Truck due to storage facility or neighborhood complaints, billing or collection problems arise or any other unforeseen circumstance Shipper understands that the next day minimum is applied to unloading at destination or into storage facility as well as daily service/fuel fee. Needless to say it is a whole other move and will be billed accordingly. If our warehouse is required we charge $2.99 per cubic footage of warehouse space required, $150 night per truck Storage In Transit Fee and as well as the minimum time needed to unload contents. Example= Thursday: 2 movers $109/hour plus $100 service fee but upon arrival the apartment is not ready until Saturday. Saturday we will bill a three hour minimum plus $100 fuel fee and two nights of SIT $300. Monday through Thursday we have a two hour minimum and Friday through Sunday we have a three hour minimum. Fuel fee or Daily service fee is determined and arranged on booking through your friendly sales representative.
APMC Moving & Delivery, LLC dba The Furniture Taxi is fully licensed, insured and bonded with the proper department of transportation to include Georgia Public Safety & Federal Motor Carrier Administration.
The Furniture Taxi
2340 Chamblee Tucker Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30341